Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Ever since I was a little girl I loved baking, especially during the Holidays. My mom and grandma would make their specialty pizzelles in addition to nut and apricot rolled cookies. I would watch and eventually, as I grew older, would help them bake these delicious family traditions. Since then, I have built upon these traditions with a few creations of my own. With my creative nature, I found that I could incorporate my favorite, fondest tastes of the past with new, delicious combinations of sweet and savory dishes.
You can imagine my delight when I discovered the Wild Harvest product line at SHOP ‘n SAVE. These products are chock-full of free-from and organic ingredients, without the harmful ingredients you can’t pronounce. I was on cloud nine when I started baking and cooking with products that I knew were healthy and delicious. A baker’s dream come true!
I would like to share two of my favorite holiday recipes with you that I have created using SHOP ‘n SAVE’s Wild Harvest and Essential Everyday products. The Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin was inspired by my childhood memories of baking traditional cookies and how I loved the aroma and taste of glazed apricot. And who doesn’t love a good gingerbread cupcake with whipped butter cream icing?!
I hope your holiday season is filled with sweet and savory memories of the past tossed with new and tasty meals of the present.
Till next time,
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
Apricot Glazed Pork Tenderloin
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1 Pork Tenderloin (approximately 1-2 pounds)
- One 9 ounce jar Wild Harvest Organic Apricot Fruit Spread
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Onion Powder
- 2 tablespoons Chopped Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Essential Everyday Soy Sauce
- Zest of one lemon
- 1⁄2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Cane Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup Essential Everyday Distilled White Vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Cook pork at 400 degrees for 30 minutes per pound.
Meanwhile, in mixing bowl, combine all other ingredients and whisk together until thoroughly combined.
In small pot, heat over medium heat until bubbly. Pour over cooked pork; place back in oven for 10 minutes.
Slice pork, serve & ENJOY!
Serve with a side of Cranberry Wild Rice Salad. GOBBLE! GOBBLE!
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1⁄2 cup Essential Everyday Butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 1 1⁄3 cups Wild Harvest Organic All-purpose Flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Baking Soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Sea Salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Essential Everyday Ground Ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Ground Nutmeg
For Maple Icing:
- 1⁄3 cup Essential Everyday Butter, softened
- 1 ounce Essential Everyday Cream Cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Light Brown Sugar
- Dash Wild Harvest Organic Sea Salt
- 1⁄4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Maple Syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Confectioners’ Sugar
- In large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Beat in water and molasses. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until combined. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in maple syrup and vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Makes 1 dozen.