Beat The Heat
Want a delicious, nutritious, summertime fruit treat that will cool you down after a long day in the sun? I have just the right recipe for you, full of vitamin C and fresh organic herbs. Creating fun and tasty snacks is my favorite thing to do, especially when I have SHOP ‘n SAVE right in my backyard. Besides, who wouldn’t want to whip up a mouth-watering summer fruit salad that is easy to make, and will have everyone you know asking for more?
My Citrus Summer Salad recipe is here for all to enjoy. Just rush right into your local SHOP ‘n SAVE, look for the freshest of fruits on this list and within a few minutes you’ll have a delicious side dish for all of your summer parties!
Here’s to health and happiness,
- 1 seedless watermelon, cubed
- 2 lbs. fresh strawberries, greens removed (leave whole)
- 1 lb. green grapes
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- ½ cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 3 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp. salt
- Place all fruit in large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk together the juices of the lemon and lime, along with sugar, salt and chopped mint. Pour over fruit and gently stir. Refrigerate. Serve cold.
Yields 8-10 Servings