Comforts of Home
Nothing beats the doldrums of a cold winter day better than a steamy pot of Beefy Stew! Back in my childhood days, making soups and stews was a treasured tradition for my family. Smelling the delicious aroma of roasting vegetables, meat and potatoes brings back very fond memories for me.
I always feel better about serving my friends, family and customers meals that are made from scratch using the best ingredients – that’s why I rely on SHOP ‘n SAVE to provide me with everything I need to whip up heart-warming meals without breaking the bank. I’d like to share my recipe for Beefy Stew with you, so you can make amazing memories with your family, too!
Take it from me, SHOP ‘n SAVE has everything you need to make your New Year JUST RIGHT!
Stay warm my friends
- 2 lbs. Simply Essentials Sirloin Tip Beef Roast, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each Salt & Pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 2 cups Essential Everyday Baby Carrots
- 3 Russet Potatoes, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 can Wild Harvest diced Tomatoes
- 1 jar Wild Harvest sliced Mushrooms
- 1 can Wild Harvest Sweet Peas
- 1 1/2 cups Wild Harvest Organic Beef Broth
- In large stock pot, sauté together the beef cubes, olive oil, diced onions salt and pepper for 5 minutes. Add thyme, parsley, potatoes carrots and ½ cup beef broth, let cook for 10 minutes.
- Add can vegetables and remaining beef broth. Let simmer for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- To thicken: remove ½ cup broth and whisk in the flour, add mixture to the stew.