Dagwood and a Blondie
I grew up way back when cartoons in the newspaper were funny. I looked forward to the Sunday paper and always read the Blondie & Dagwood comic first, because Dagwood was always creating fantastic deli sandwiches and I could relate! Our family would swing into SHOP ‘n SAVE after church and stock up on the fresh deli meats and cheeses. Then, it was my job to make the family afternoon lunch! There’s nothing better than perfectly combining meats, cheeses, pickles and mayo, especially when you grill them.
Sandwiches are still a family favorite to this day. Now that National Sandwich Month is here, there’s no better time to share my favorite with you. Once you’ve had a chance to test out my creation, I want to hear yours! Head over to the Facebook page to share your favorite sandwich before National Sandwich Month is over so we can all give it a try!
- 2 slices SHOP ‘n SAVE Fresh Baked Bread
- Wild Harvest Organic Whipped Mayonnaise
- 2 ounces sliced Kretschmar Off The Bone Ham
- 2 ounces sliced Kretschmar Oven Roasted Turkey Breast
- 2 ounces sliced Margherita Salami
- 1 slice Amish Classics American Cheese
- 1 slice Kretschmar Habanero Jack Cheese
- Wild Harvest Organic Bread and Butter Pickles
- 2 fresh tomato slices
- Wild Harvest Organic Salted Butter
- Generously spread mayonnaise on each slice of bread. Set one slice aside.
- Layer meats and cheese on bread. Top with pickles, tomatoes and second slice of bread.
- Preheat skillet. Butter outsides of sandwich stack. Then, grill on each side for 3 minutes.