Fall in Love
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Those of you that know me know that fall is my favorite time of year! I love the leaves, soccer, football, sweaters, boots and the delicious fall foods of the season. My favorite childhood memories are Sunday Football games with my dad. We would plan the entire weekend around the Steelers Game. He would know all the statistics and I planned the menu. My mom, brother, sister, dad and I all gathered in the living room to watch the game and enjoy our Sunday meal.
Gathering together with friends and family has always been important to me and so is making delicious wholesome meals. I am passionate about the entire process of cooking. From planning and shopping to cooking for customers, friends and family. During my years of cooking both personally and professionally, I have always made it a point to look for healthy, affordable food options.
While shopping at my local SHOP ‘n SAVE, I came across the Wild Harvest free-from and organic product line. The price and quality caught my attention and the selection was just what I was looking for.
Last fall while catering an event at SUPERVALU, I mentioned that I use the Wild Harvest products that they were discussing at the meeting. Fast forward to several months later, and I was contacted to create and share my recipes with SHOP ‘n SAVE customers using Wild Harvest and to tell my story about my success with the products. Well, I believe my story speaks for itself; loving what you do and doing what you love are the greatest joys in life.
Folks, life is about finding what you are passionate about and learning how to turn that passion into profits as well as sharing your Sundays with the ones you love.
I have created a delicious Game Day recipe that I would love to share with you to make for your special day with your friends and family.
Till next time,
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 2 boxes Wild Harvest Macaroni & White Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Essential Everyday Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 1 Cup Wild Harvest Organic Ranch Salad Dressing
- ½ Cup Essential Everyday Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ½ Cup Essential Everyday Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup Crumbled Bleu Cheese plus 2 Tablespoons for topping
- ½ Cup Essential Everyday Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 2 Cups Cooked, Diced Chicken Breast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; place in large mixing bowl. Add chicken, cheeses, ranch and buffalo sauce; mix together.
- In casserole dish coated with Essential Everyday Pan Release pour the chicken mixture and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons bleu cheese and bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy the game and GO WILD!!