Nothing beats watching your favorite team while surrounded by family, friends and flavorful food. I grew up in a small town and was a majorette in the band all through high school. I grew very fond of the spirit of the game. Fast forward to current day, as a caterer and personal chef, I prepare food for fans to take to tailgate parties. With the free from and organic products made by Wild Harvest and my recipe for Turkey Chili, you can create a delicious dish to take to your next game day party.
Providing healthy foods for the family without breaking the bank is what I’m all about. That’s why I always choose SHOP ‘n SAVE as my go to for all of my game day party supplies. Take a page out of my playbook and you can make fan-favorite foods for less, too.
Three cheers for SHOP ‘n SAVE,
- 3 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Thyme chopped
- 2 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Cumin
- 2 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp. Wild Harvest Pure Cane Sugar
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 cups Wild Harvest Organic Free-Range Chicken Broth
- 1 can Wild Harvest Pinto Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can Wild Harvest Organic Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can Wild Harvest Vegetarian Refried Beans
- 1 can Wild Harvest Organic Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
- 1 can Wild Harvest Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 can Wild Harvest Organic Tomato Sauce
- In large skillet over medium heat, stir turkey in olive oil until cooked approximately 3-4 minutes. Add onion, peppers and garlic. Continue cooking for 7-8 minutes. Drain excess oil.
- In large stock pot over low heat, place cooked turkey mixture. Add fresh and powdered seasonings. Stir in chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes and sauce.Bring to boil, then simmer covered for 20 minutes.