Happy PI Day
Did you know March 14 is Pi Day? And did you know it has something to do with mathematics?! All this time, I thought it was just a reason to eat more pie! Well, that is exactly what I’m doing and hopefully you will too after seeing my Peach Mango Hand Pie recipe.
Baking can be overwhelming – there are so many ingredients and recipes to choose from! Luckily, SHOP ‘n SAVE has free from and organic Wild Harvest products that make baking both delicious and affordable, and I’ve got you covered on the recipes! So get in the Pi Day spirit, my friends!
Happy Pi Day,
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Frozen Peaches, thawed
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Mango, thawed
- ½ cup Wild Harvest Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Vanilla Extract
- 1 box (2 shells) Ready to Bake Pie Crust
- 1 Wild Harvest Organic Grade A Large Brown Egg
- 2 teaspoons Wild Harvest Organic Pure Cane Sugar (for sprinkling the top of the pies)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper. In 2-quart saucepan, add peaches, mangos, sugar cornstarch and vanilla. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes until bubbly and thickened. Let cool.
- Remove pie crusts and unroll on work surface. Cut 12 3” rounds from each crust, spoon fruit mixture into center of 12. Brush edges with water and top with remaining 12 rounds. Press edges firmly with fork to seal. Cut slits in top of each round.
- In small bowl, whisk egg and brush top of each pie. Sprinkle pies with sugar.
- Bake for 22 minutes.