Harvest Dishes (with a Twist)
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
It’s truly amazing for me being a chef during the harvest season; the aroma of roasted turkey, stuffing, gravy and pumpkin pie. Yummy! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. It is a time to gather together, enjoy a fabulous feast and appreciate all that you are thankful for.
For many folks, it can be intimidating to plan, shop and prepare for a traditional Thanksgiving meal for their family. That in mind, I’ve created a fun twist on a few Thanksgiving favorites. For example, my “Turkey & Stuffing on a Stick” incorporates all of the flavors of the harvest season without the stress.
See below for my Harvest recipes that are sure to be big hit at your Thanksgiving dinner. You can pick up all of your Wild Harvest and Essential Everyday products at your local SHOP ‘n SAVE to re-create at home! The Wild Harvest product line, offering a pantry full of ingredients that are free-from more than 100 undesirable ingredients, are affordable and good for you too! With Wild Harvest, it’s easy to create dishes that you’re proud to serve to your loved ones.
So dare to be different this Thanksgiving and try my twist on the traditions by going “WILD” and “FREE”
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Harvest season!
Till next time,
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
Turkey and Stuffing on a Stick
- 2 lbs. lean ground turkey
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 6oz box Essential Everyday Turkey Flavored Stuffing
- 1⁄2 cup Essential Everyday Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1⁄2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 1 egg
- Essential Everyday Salt and Pepper
- 1 10oz can Essential Everyday Turkey Gravy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In small skillet sauté onion until tender, set aside. In large mixing bowl prepare stuffing mix according to directions, place in refrigerator for 10 minutes. In same bowl,
add ground turkey (raw), cooked onions, cheese, dried cranberries, egg, salt and pepper. Mix together completely and form into meatballs.
- On prepared baking sheet place meatballs and bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, warm gravy over low heat.
- When turkey and stuffing meatballs are finished baking, let cool for 10 minutes. Skewer 3 meatballs and place on freshly prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with gravy and place back in oven for 5 minutes.
Serve with a side of Cranberry Wild Rice Salad. GOBBLE! GOBBLE!
Apple Pie Bread Pudding Muffins
- 1 loaf Essential Everyday White Bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Applesauce
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Apple Pie filling
- 1⁄2 cup Essential Everyday White Sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Essential Everyday Half & Half Cream
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Cinnamon
- Line 24 muffin pan with liners.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large mixing bowl, pull apart bread into small pieces set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, add cream, sugars, vanilla, applesauce, apple pie filling and cinnamon. Add to bread. Mix well.
- Evenly place the bread pudding mixture into the muffin liners.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Add a dollop of cool whip if desired!
Cranberry Wild Rice Salad
- 1 package Wild Harvest Sprouted Rice Blend
- 1 15 oz. can Essential Everyday Mandarin Oranges
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Dried Sweetened Cranberries
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Flax Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Chia Seeds
- 1⁄2 cup Essential Everyday Dry Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- 1 16oz bottle Essential Everyday Zesty French dressing
- **Optional add ins: 1⁄4 cup crumbled bleu cheese, 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion, 1⁄4 cup raisins
- Prepare sprouted rice according to package directions. Cool completely.
- Place rice in large mixing bowl, add mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, flax, chia and sunflower seeds, dressing and any add ins. Stir and Serve!
Delicious side dish to any turkey or chicken entree!