Making Hearts Happy with Berry Stack Cake
February is the month of hearts, flowers and sweet treats! What better way to share your love than with a homemade decadent stack cake?
My berry stack cake is the perfect way to compliment your Valentine’s Day dinner. The incredible selection of Wild Harvest organic frozen fruits at SHOP ‘n SAVE make this dish even sweeter. I hope you and your Valentine enjoy this BERRYLICIOUS treat.
Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!
For The Cake:
- 2 1/2 cups Wild Harvest Organic All Purpose Flour
- 2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Whole Milk
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Canola Oil
- 1 tbsp Wild Harvest Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Essential Everyday Grade A Eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups Wild Harvest Organic Frozen Berries (1/2 cup each of Strawberry, Raspberry & Blueberry), thawed
- 2 tbsp Wild Harvest Organic Honey
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Cane Sugar
- 3 tbsp Essential Everyday Cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups Wild Harvest Organic Powdered Sugar
- 2 tsp Wild Harvest Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 16 oz Wild Harvest Organic Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups Essential Everyday Extra Creamy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare three 8-inch cake pans with Wild Harvest Organic Canola Oil Non-Aerosol Cooking Spray.
- In large mixing bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the milk, canola oil, vanilla extract and eggs. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until well combined.
- Slowly add the water to the batter and mix until well combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the cakes from the pans and allow to completely cool.
- Meanwhile, blend ¼ cup of each berry in the food processor. Leaving the remaining ¼ cup of each whole.
- In medium saucepan, add the sugar, cornstarch, honey and pureed berries. Cook over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add whole berries, refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix the whipped frosting by combining the powdered sugar, vanilla and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl on high speed. Gently stir in whipped topping and refrigerate.
- Begin to assemble the stack cake. Slice off the tops of the three rounds cakes so they are level. Begin by placing one of the round cakes on the desired platter and spread a layer of icing, then fruit mixture and repeat until all layers are done. Use the remaining icing to smooth over the sides of the cake
Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve. Yields 8-12 servings.