Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
“When the moon hits the sky like a big pizza pie…” I love, love, LOVE the movie “Moonstruck” and pizza. Any variety - thin, thick, meat, vegetarian and a delicious combination of both…I basically love pizza. My new favorite way to make a pizza is in a skillet. How easy it is to whip up a combination of seasonal ingredients to create a pizza pie however your heart desires. The best part is having your local SHOP ‘n SAVE available with hundreds of delicious, tasty choices that are affordable and good for you too! Now that’s Just Right!
With the fall season in full swing and so many delicious selections to choose from, I’m excited to share my latest creation…One-Pan Pizza (harvest edition) Caramelized Brussels Sprouts & Bacon. Utilizing SHOP ‘n SAVE Wild Harvest organic and free from products along with Essential Everyday ingredients is a win-win for creating this tasty pizza that is a scrumptious combination of sweet and savory. Who says pizza has to be boring?, not me, I enjoy experimenting with flavors and I am happy to spread the recipes with you all my friends.
When you see that Fall Harvest Moon, just think about rushing to your local SHOP ‘n SAVE and take my One-Pan Pizza recipe with you and enjoy a great autumn favorite dish.
Till next time,
One Pan Pizza (Harvest Edition)
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts & Bacon
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 packet Active Dry Yeast
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1 package frozen Essential Everyday Brussels Sprouts, thawed and sliced
- 1 lb. Essential Everyday Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Essential Everyday Shredded Pizza Blend Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the crust:
- Pour water into large bowl, add yeast and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Whisk sugar, oil and salt into yeast. Add flour and stir until sticky dough forms. Transfer dough to non-stick bowl. Cover and set aside for 1 hours. Place onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead before placing into pan.
For the topping:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In skillet sauté onion in oil for 5 minutes on medium heat. Reduce heat and add Brussels sprouts and brown sugar continue on low heat for additional 5 minutes.
- In cast iron skillet, coated with pan release spray, place pizza dough and arrange along bottom and halfway up the sides of pan; begin layering the pizza cheese then onion/Brussels sprouts mixture, bacon and top with parmesan cheese and salt and pepper.
- Bake 22-25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Serves 4 people.
Blog and recipe created by Chef Lisa Hegedus from the kitchen of Caffe Barista - www.cbcloud9.com.