Baby, It’s Cold Outside
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
It’s soup season, my friends! Who better to ask about soup recipes than someone who has placed in the SHOP ‘n SAVE soup crawl in downtown Greensburg several years in a row?! Most recently, my Mushroom Wild Rice Soup claimed the bronze! I’d like to show you how to make this award-winning soup that will chase away the winter blues.
Nothing beats making a big pot of soup on cold, winter day for the whole family to enjoy. Did you know Wild Harvest has fresh, organic herbs available in the produce department? Fresh chopped sage is my secret ingredient!
Take my recipe with you on your next SHOP ‘n SAVE trip, and you’ll be one step closer to warming the hearts and souls of your family on a cold winter day!
Stay warm, friends!
Mushroom Wild Rice Soup
By: Chef Lisa
- 1 package Wild Harvest Sprouted Rice Blend (prepared)
- 1 can Essential Everyday Sliced carrots
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Salted Butter
- 2 jars Wild Harvest Mushroom pieces and stems
- 1lb. Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (cooked & diced)
- 1 32 oz. Wild Harvest Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Sage
- 2 16 oz. cans Essential Everyday Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 2 quarts Wild Harvest Organic Whole Milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large stock post, sauté onion in butter until tender
- Combine the remaining ingredients and stir over medium heat. Reduce heat until hot.
Makes 12-15 servings