On The Go-Go
This one is a sure-fire staple for families on the go. With after school activities, we are always rushing from here to there with little time to eat healthy. Luckily, SHOP ‘n SAVE and Chef Lisa can make it easier for you to cook up affordable, make ahead meals that everyone will love. Wouldn’t you be thrilled to have something nutritious that your family can quickly assemble, especially with so many different schedules and taste buds to consider? Well, let me tell you how easy it can be!
My Fajitas are the simple, quick and savory solution you’ve been searching for. Trust me, you’ll thank yourself for taking an hour when you have a delicious meal, or snack for the rest of the week! Plus, nothing beats the freshness of the produce department or the Wild Harvest Organic herbs at SHOP ‘n SAVE. So, swing by your local SHOP ‘n SAVE and tell them Chef Lisa sent you!
Here’s to life on the go,
- 2 lbs. of boneless skinless chicken breast or flank steak grilled and sliced
- 1 each of red, green, yellow and orange bell pepper, julienne
- 2 large red onions sliced
- 2 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp. Wild Harvest Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp. Wild Harvest Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Essential Everyday Flour Tortillas
- Wild Harvest Organic Black Beans
- Wild Harvest Jasmine Rice Blend (cooked)
- Essential Everyday Mild Salsa
- Sliced avocado
- Essential Everyday Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Essential Everyday Sour Cream
- Fresh lettuce blend
- Sauté peppers and onions in large skillet until tender. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- In storage containers place each meat and the peppers/onions mixture separately. Divide the sauce.
- Make and eat immediately, or place in refrigerator and assemble as desired throughout the week (lasts up to 5 days).
- To assemble: toss the meat and veggies in a tortilla, pour the sauce on top and heat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until warm.