Pass the Cheese, Please
The flavors and aromas of Thanksgiving dinner are second to none. There is something about the preparation of the harvest feast. As a chef, my family always expects me to create a new and exciting side dish every year to complement our bird! Since I have a newfound love for cauliflower, I decided to put a twist on the ordinary au gratin with some fresh Wild Harvest herbs and Essential Everyday cheeses available at your local SHOP ‘n SAVE.
If you love cooking for your family and friends as much as I do, then you’ll rush right out to gather the ingredients to make my Cauliflower au Gratin. What better dish to pair with the FREE Turkey you can earn simply by shopping with your SHOP ‘n SAVE Perks Card? This combination will make for the perfect Thanksgiving feast, and you’ll feel good knowing you are buying the freshest food for your family (and receiving rewards while doing it!)
Enjoy the flavors of the season,
- 2 packages Wild Harvest Organic Frozen Cauliflower Florets thawed
- 4 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Unsalted Butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups Wild Harvest Organic Whole Milk
- 1 tsp. Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh tarragon chopped
- ¼ cup Essential Everyday Extra Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- ¼ cup Essential Everyday Extra Sharp White Cheddar, shredded
- ¼ cup muenster, shredded
- ¼ cup Essential Everyday Grated Parmesan
- ½ cup multigrain bread, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter. Add the flour, stirring constantly for 2 minutes. Add milk and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Continue until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cauliflower, butter mixture, salt, pepper, fresh herbs, cheeses and bread crumbs.
- Place in coated casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes.
Yields 8-10 servings
Total time: 45 minutes