Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Memories of childhood summer picnics always included our All American Macaroni Salad. Planning the day, including the menu and where to go, became a family tradition at least once a month in the summer growing up in Western Pa. Even now as a busy mom, chef and spokesperson for SHOP ‘n SAVE, I make time to enjoy the simple things in life like sitting on a blanket with a picnic basket full of good, wholesome food with my family and friends. SHOP ‘n SAVE’s Wild Harvest and Essential Everyday product lines have everything needed to make picnic planning easy, tasty and affordable. As I write this, I can feel myself relaxing and unwinding by the lake sharing my picnic lunch with my loved ones.
Knowing that I’m using free from and organic products to prepare meals makes me feel good from the inside out. So the next time you plan a picnic, think SHOP ‘n SAVE Wild Harvest and Essential Everyday and my yummy recipe for All American Macaroni Salad.
Till next time,
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
All American Macaroni Salad
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 4 cups Essential Everyday Elbow Macaroni
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Dijon Mustard
- Wild Harvest Organic Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Sweet Relish
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 6 hard boiled Wild Harvest Cage Free Eggs - chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until tender. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In large bowl, mix together the mayo, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder and sour cream. Stir in green onion, relish, cheddar cheese and hard boiled eggs and macaroni.
Blog and recipe created by Chef Lisa Hegedus from the kitchen of Caffe Barista - www.cbcloud9.com