Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
What better way to satisfy your hunger in the summer than with a fresh, natural – and not to mention, delicious – salad with a sassy dressing! One of my specialties is creating new recipes that incorporate wholesome ingredients that are easy to whip up, tasty and affordable. At my restaurant, we feature many salad choices but what sets us apart is our dressings! Using only the best for my customers is very important to me. Products that are free from harmful ingredients (that you can’t even pronounce) are my go-to choice for preparing meals, dressings and desserts that I am proud to serve my customers.
Wild Harvest, the free from and organic product line available at your local SHOP ‘n SAVE, has the “just right” ingredients that I look for when shopping for my customers as well as my family. The selection is affordable and delicious! Simply take my recipe on your next shopping trip, prepare the meal for friends and family and enjoy! You will see how easy it is to make healthy, delicious meals that not only taste good but are good for you too!
Till next time,
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
For the Salad:
Featuring Strawberry Lime Vinaigrette
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
For the Dressing:
- 16 oz. fresh spinach
- 4 cups grilled organic chicken breast - diced
- 1 cup fresh organic strawberries - sliced
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Dijon Mustard
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Frozen Strawberries - pureed
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Wildflower Honey
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of each: salt, pepper (optional - poppy seeds)
- In mixing bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients and set aside. Assemble (4) servings using the salad ingredients, top with dressing. Enjoy the freshness of summer!
Blog and recipe created by Chef Lisa Hegedus from the kitchen of Caffe Barista - www.cbcloud9.com