Savory Cornbread Muffins
- 1 can Wild Harvest Organic Whole Kernel Corn
- 2 cups Essential Everyday Cornmeal
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Flour
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In blender cream the corn. Place creamed corn into medium sauce pan over medium heat. Stir in only 1 cup of cornmeal to make a thick pasty mush. Whisk in buttermilk, eggs and butter.
- In separate bowl, mix remaining cornmeal with flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until combined.
- In lined muffin tin pan (12 count) divide the batter evenly among the cups. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve.
Recipes created by Chef Lisa Hegedus, owner and operator of Caffe Barista in Greensburg, PA
For more recipes like this, visit shopnsavefood.com and like @shopnsavefood and @CaffeBarista on Facebook