Everyone loves summertime – so much to do and so little time. As a kid, my family really enjoyed going to the drive-in theatre at night to watch the latest movie. We would pack the car full of blankets, pillows and snacks. (I am sure that the friends that follow my weekly blog know how much I love snacks!) What better place to stock up on snacking essentials than your local SHOP ‘n SAVE? They have a wide variety of options to make your summer snacks delicious and affordable.
We all know what pairs perfectly with a movie… popcorn! My Nut & Honey “PoppyCorn” is easy and unique. It’s also made with wholesome ingredients that are good for you, too!
Nuts about you,
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Honey
- ¾ cup Wild Harvest Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 15 cups (popped) Wild Harvest Organic Microwave Original Popcorn
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- In stock pot, over medium heat, combine honey and sugar until bubbly (about 5 minutes); gradually add peanut butter, salt and vanilla. Stir, then remove from heat.
- In extra large mixing bowl, combine pecans, peanuts, pretzels and popcorn. Pour hot mixture over and spread evenly on baking sheets and let cool. Place in bowls and watch your favorite movie!