Did someone say pie?! As most of you already know, I love to bake, but making pies is my absolute favorite. I like to experiment with uncommon pairings to create a dish that is the ideal combination of sweet and savory. My Apple Sweet Potato Pie is simply magical and perfect for the season. I can’t wait to share my recipe with you all, so you can make this fall harvest dish that your friends and family will love.
I always lean on SHOP ‘n SAVE for the affordable and top-quality ingredients this recipe calls for. Wild Harvest’s free from and organic products make creating healthy menu options easy as pie. So, grab your ingredients and your apron, and let’s get baking!
Happy fall ya’ll,
- 2 cups chopped Granny Smith apples
- 1 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- ¼ cup Wild Harvest Organic Dried Cranberries
- 2 tsp. Wild Harvest Organic Thyme
- 7 Wild Harvest Organic Grade A Large Brown Eggs
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Whole Milk
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread pulled apart in pieces
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9-inch pie pan.
- In large skillet over medium heat, cook apples, onions, sweet potato and olive oil for 10-15 minutes until tender. Stir in thyme, salt and pepper. Place mixture into pie pan. Top with cranberries, bread pieces and cheese.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Pour over apple mixture and bake for 25 minutes.