Thankful, Blessed & Bird Free
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Can you have a Thanksgiving dinner without the Turkey? The answer is yes, and I’ll tell you - it’s more common than you think. You can skip the turkey this holiday season without feeling any less thankful and blessed. As a chef and caterer, the holidays are extremely busy in my kitchen. I often get requests for “Bird Free” options from my vegetarian and vegan customers. SHOP ‘n SAVE Wild Harvest free from and organic line makes the planning and preparations for all dietary needs so easy. You don’t have to be a master chef whip up meals that are Just Right for everyone in your family. I will show you how easy it is!
Try one of my favorite bird free, vegetarian options - Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan Roll-ups. Even the meat lovers in your family will be amazed at how delicious this simple and affordable entree is! By combining Wild Harvest and Essential Everyday products available exclusively at my local SHOP ‘n SAVE, I’m able to create something delicious for every guest at my Thanksgiving table. Trust me - everyone will gobble up this amazing alternative to the traditional Thanksgiving meal.
Have a thankful & blessed holiday,
Stuffed Eggplant Parmesan Roll Ups
By: Chef Lisa
- 3 Large Eggplants
- 3 cups Wild Harvest Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Wild Harvest Organic Grade A Brown Eggs
- 3 cups Wild Harvest Organic Bread Crumbs
- 2 cups Wild Harvest Organic Canola Oil
- 6 cups Essential Everyday Ricotta Cheese
- 1 ½ cups parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 cups Wild Harvest Organic Marinara Sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9x13 baking dish with Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil non-aerosol pan spray
- Slice eggplants into ¼ inch thick slices lengthwise
- Place flour, eggs and breadcrumbs in separate bowls. Dip each eggplant slice in flour the into egg then into bread crumbs.
- Heat canola oil in large skillet and fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Mix ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese and garlic in small bowl and salt & pepper. Mound ½ cup cheese mixture in the center of each eggplant and roll up, place seam side down. Top with marinara sauce.
- Bake 25 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese. Serves 12