The Oats Have It
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Waking up to a nutritious breakfast that I can make ahead of time for my family is an easy way to ensure that we are starting our day off in the right direction. Simple, tasty overnight oatmeal is my go-to choice for my busy family. Since we all start our days at different times, having a healthy choice to grab and eat on-the-go is very important to me.
My favorite is mixing fruits and grains with natural sweetness to create a fabulous combination that everyone will enjoy. Each day, I learn more and more about how many chemicals are used in a lot of processed foods. That’s what makes my choice to use SHOP ‘n SAVE’s Wild Harvest free from and organic products while preparing meals for my family, friends and customers an easy one! I especially love to share my ideas and recipes with all of you so you can also enjoy how good healthy eating is…Now that’s Just Right!
“The Oats Have It” in my book (recipe book coming soon). Just see for yourself how incredibly easy this recipe is to make at home. Be creative with the fruits and nuts that satisfy your taste buds because trust me, SHOP ‘n SAVE has everything you need to make breakfast not only delicious, but FUN!
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
Pear Pecan Overnight Oats
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Canned Pear Slices
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Pecan Pieces
- 1/3 cup Essential Everyday Blended Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Flax Seeds
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Wild Harvest Organic 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Saigon Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
In mixing bowl combine yogurt, oats, flax seeds, syrup, brown sugar, milk, cinnamon and salt. Add pear slices and pecan pieces. Divide between two (2) quart size mason jars or four (4) pint size mason jar. Place lid on and refrigerate overnight or at least six hours. Open, top with sliced pears and pecan pieces and drizzle with maple syrup. ENJOY