Three Valentine’s Day Sweets For Your Sweetie
Heart Shaped Twinkie Cakes
- Essential Everyday Vanilla frosting
- Essential Everyday Sprinkles
- Take the wrapping off of the two Twinkies.
- Snip the corners off both Twinkies (or, you can eat them instead!).
- Fashion the two Twinkies into a heart by piping or spreading a little frosting inside of the cut corners and bringing the two halves of the heart together.
- Cover the top with Essential Everyday frosting and sprinkles.
Chocolate Cupped Cakes with Coffee
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons Essential Everyday sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Everyday Essential unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Essential Everyday heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups Essential Everyday all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 2 teaspoons Essential Everyday baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Wild Harvest sea salt
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Use nonstick cooking spray to cover the insides of six large oven-safe coffee cups and place them on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Whisk 1/4 cup of the Essential Everyday sugar and the light brown sugar together with 2 tablespoons of the Wild Harvest Organic cocoa powder in a small bowl. Continue whisking until most of the brown sugar lumps are broken up and then set the mixture aside.
- Blend together the Essential Everyday butter and remaining Essential Everyday sugar on medium speed until the sugar resembles wet sand – this will take about two minutes. Then reduce the speed to low and mix in the Essential Everyday cream and vanilla until well blended. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Essential Everyday flour, the remaining Essential Everyday cocoa powder, espresso powder, baking powder and Wild Harvest sea salt. Add this it to the butter mixture and blend on low speed until a stiff dough forms. At this point, increase the speed to medium and beat for an addtional 15 seconds.
- Fill each coffee cup with batter until about halfway full. Use the back of a spoon to press the batter into the cup.
- Sprinkle each top with 2 tablespoons of the reserved cocoa and then pour 2 1/2 tablespoons of coffee over the cocoa.
- Bake the cakes until they soufflé up and the tops become crusty and dry with no visible wet spots – this will take about 55 to 60 minutes. Set them out to cool for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Red Velvet Cake Bites
- 1 red velvet cake mix
- The ingredients listed on the cake mix box – this usually includes oil, eggs and water
- 1 container Essential Everyday cream cheese frosting
- 1 lb white chocolate candy
- Follow the instructions on the package to bake the cake.
- After the cake has completely cooled, place it in a bowl and crumble it up using your hands or a spoon.
- About 1/2 cup at a time, stir in your container of Essential Everyday frosting.
- Roll your mashed cake and frosting mixture into balls. The size of these are up to your preference. However, because they tend to be rich, most people prefer rolling them smaller. Line bites on a large baking sheet and let them set up for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Melt the white chocolate candy and dip each ball in using a skewer.
- Give the bites time to set up and enjoy!