Tuscan Greens, Beans and Penne
When I think of the most romantic place on earth, I dream of Italy—the scenery, the wine, and the fabulous food! Creating a romantic dinner is simple and so much fun when you have fresh ingredients from SHOP ‘n SAVE and my expertise to guide you.. You take care of the candles and wine, and we will help you with the meal.
SHOP ‘n SAVE Wild Harvest free from and organic product line has so many choices to make creating healthy and delicious foods both fun and affordable. For instance, I added a twist to the ordinary beans and greens by utilizing all of the fresh, organic Wild Harvest herbs, as well as organic penne pasta. This brought a whole new flavor to my Tuscan Style Beans and Greens, and I can’t wait to share it with you!
I can almost hear the Italian music playing in the background as I prepare this delicious combination of herbs, garlic and Romano cheese.
- 1 Tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, Minced
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1/2 tsp Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Basil
- 1 cup Fresh Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Baby Kale
- 1 lb. Wild Harvest Organic Penne Pasta, Cooked
- 1 can Wild Harvest Cannellini Beans
- 1 can Essential Everyday Black-eyed Peas
- 3/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Juice of one Lemon
- Springs of Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan and Romano Cheese
- In large skillet over low heat, sauté olive oil and garlic for 5 minutes, add thyme, basil, spinach and kale. Sauté for additional 5 minutes.
- Drain beans and add to mixture along with the vegetable brotAdd salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- In large serving bowl, place penne then top with beans and greens mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Romano cheese, and garnish with parsley.