Warming Winter Recipes
It’s easy to beat the cold (and boredom) with these kid-approved recipes. They’ll warm your heart and make your wallet sing!
Lil Helper Tip: Have them dig out the bread bowls!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. Essential Everyday cumin
- 1 tsp. chipotle powder
- 2 tsp. Essential Everyday chili powder
- 1 tsp. Essential Everyday garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Essential Everyday cinnamon
- Wild Harvest sea salt
- Wild Harvest black pepper
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups Essential Everyday beef broth
- 1 cup Essential Everyday frozen corn
- 4 sourdough bread rolls, scooped out into bowls
- 1 cup grated Essential Everyday cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- Essential Everyday sour cream
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown beef, breaking up using a wooden spoon. Add garlic, onion, cumin, chipotle powder, chili powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, 1 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. black pepper; sauté until softened about 5 minutes. Add crushed tomatoes, broth and frozen corn; simmer on medium-low for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast bread bowls on a sheet pan until lightly toasted and slightly dried out, approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- Ladle beef chili into the warm bread bowls and top with cheddar, scallions and a dollop of sour cream.
Lil Helper Tip: Have them stick in the ice pop sticks!
- 1 1/2 cups Everyday Essential all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp. Essential Everyday baking powder
- 2 tsp. Essential Everyday sugar
- Wild Harvest sea salt
- Wild Harvest ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. Essential Everyday vegetable oil
- 4 precooked Essential Everyday breakfast sausage
- Essential Everyday ketchup
- Essential Everyday mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Make a well in center of dry mix; add milk, eggs, and oil. Mix just until combined.
- Insert an ice-pop stick into one end of each sausage.
- Dust with flour; tap off excess. Using handle, rotate each sausage over bowl as you spoon batter to coat evenly.
- Place on sheet; bake 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Using a spatula, reapply batter that has slipped onto sheet. Return to oven; bake until golden, 20 minutes. Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
Lil Helper Tip: Have them sprinkle on the cheese and roll ‘em up!
- Crescent roll dough
- Essential Everyday Pepperoni (or other pizza toppings)
- Essential Everyday Shredded mozzarella
- Essential Everyday pizza sauce (for dipping)
- Simply roll out the dough and separate it into pieces.
- Have the kids add the toppings.
- Roll them up like you would with the crescent rolls. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 min. (or until golden)
- Serve with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.