From a young age I was raised to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan, so to my family and I, January has always been known as playoff season. One of the best ways to celebrate your team’s victory is with a hearty, delicious meal! My White Bean Chicken Chili is the perfect celebratory dish for the frigid winter season.
By using the best possible ingredients from SHOP ‘n SAVE, I’m able to provide my customers, my family and even the occasional Steelers player wholesome, delicious meals!
Even with the Steelers out of the big game, I hope you enjoy the rest of football season!
- 1 lb. boneless skinless Chicken Breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 4 cups Wild Harvest Organic Free Range Chicken Broth
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Diced Green Chili Peppers
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 3 cans Wild Harvest Cannellini Beans
- 1 can Wild Harvest Refried Beans
- 1/4 cup Essential Everyday Sour Cream
- 1 cup Essential Everyday Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese
Sliced Avocado, sour cream, tortilla strips, cheese and cilantro
- In large stock pot, sauté together the onion, olive oil and garlic for 5 minutes. Add chicken breast, spices and 1 cup chicken broth, simmer for 5 more minutes.
- On low heat, add chili peppers, both types of beans, chicken and remaining chicken broth. Continue on low for one hour.
- Stir in cheese and sour cream. Garnish with desired toppings.