Celebrate Grilled Cheese Month With 30 Different Recipes!
April is national grilled cheese month! We’ve already taught you how to make a delicious, 9-in-1 grilled cheese sandwich but we’re not stopping there! To top things off, we’re giving you 30 additional grilled cheese recipes – one for every day of the month!
- The 9-in-1 grilled cheese. Line up three kinds of Essential Everyday® cheese vertically and three other cheeses horizontally. This way every bite is a different combination of cheeses!
- The Classic. Two slices cheddar, Monterey Jack or Swiss cheese between two slices of white bread.
- The Bacon ‘n Tomato. Same as above, just add two slices of crispy bacon and one slice of tomato between the cheese.
- The Spicy Nacho. White bread with cheddar cheese and pickled jalapeño slices.
- The Crunchy Nacho. Same as above with crushed Wild Harvest® blue corn tortilla chips.
- The Grilled Fingers. Cut off the crusts and cut the sandwich into strips. Perfect for dipping in soup.
- The Diner. Spread mayonnaise on the outside of the sandwich and cook, flipping once, until golden.
- The Spicy Diner. Same as above, but add Essential Everyday hot sauce to the mayonnaise.
- The Spickles. Same as above but add some sliced pickles for some crunch.
- The Garlic Ham. Heat two slices of Essential Everyday frozen garlic bread. Sandwich with Monterey Jack and ham.
- The Amore. For a taste of Italy, spread pesto on the inside of your sandwich with provolone and mozzarella.
- The Cado ‘n Cheese. Toss sliced avocado with lime juice. Sandwich that between bread and two slices of pepper jack.
- The Middle School Lunch. Spread mustard on the inside of your sandwich with American cheese and a handful of your favorite Essential Everyday potato chips.
- The Cajun. Before adding your sandwich to the pan, add a pinch of Cajun seasoning to the melted butter.
- The Nola. Same as above, but add chopped black and green olives between the cheese.
- The Parisian. Use rye bread with Muenster, blue cheese and caramelized onions.
- The Guten Tag. Spread Wild Harvest organic Dijon mustard on gruyere and throw in a heaping portion of sauerkraut.
- The Beef ‘n Brie. Use sourdough bread with Dijon mustard and brie. Sandwich with caramelized onions and roast beef.
- The Mac ‘n Grilled Cheese. Use potato bread and slather on macaroni and cheese. Drizzle with hot sauce.
- The Brunch. Use Essential Everyday toaster waffles with cheddar, two slices of crisp bacon and another slice of cheddar. Add a fried egg if you feel like it. Serve with maple syrup
- The Hawaiian. Spread pineapple preserves on Hawaiian sweet bread or challah bread. Sandwich with two slices of Monterey Jack and ham.
- The Kiddy Cutout. Simply cut shapes out of your sandwich using assorted cookie cutters.
- The Pizza. Use Italian bread with Wild Harvest organic marinara sauce and sandwich with provolone, pepperoni and mozzarella.
- The Open-Face Frenchy. Top a broiled baguette with caramelized onions and shredded gruyere. Serve with chives.
- The Open-Face Pastrami. Spread Thousand Island dressing on pumpernickel bread. Top with a few slices pastrami and sliced Swiss cheese. Broil until the cheese melts.
- The BBQRB. Spread white bread with barbecue sauce. Top with two slices of cheddar and roast beef, then another slice of bread. Brush melted butter on the outside of the sandwich and cook on a grill, turning until golden.
- The Broccoli and Cheese. Add cheddar cheese and steamed broccoli between French bread. Cook in a mixture of butter and olive oil.
After dinner, treat yourself to one of our dessert sandwiches:
- The Peanut Butter Jelly Time. Use white bread and add PB&J. Sprinkle on powdered sugar and serve.
- The Smores. Use marshmallow fluff and Essential Everyday crushed graham crackers.
- The Chocolate and Banana. Spread brioche buns with hazelnut spread. Sandwich with sliced bananas.
Can you think of any other grilled cheese recipes? Feel free to share them with us on our Facebook page!