Home Sweet Home
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Nothing beats the comforts of home...family, homemade meals and laughter. The holidays are fast approaching and that means gathering together to share memories and good food! Our family’s tradition is for everyone to bring a favorite dish for all to enjoy. My mom would always make the turkey and my sister, brother and I took care of coordinating the side dishes. Since I love sweet and salty, I bring my Sweet Potato Casserole. Who doesn’t love a good buttery, sweet and crunchy casserole to grace your family’s table?!
SHOP ‘n SAVE has everything you need for your Thanksgiving meal planning with the free from and organic Wild Harvest product line along with the Essential Everyday products to make your shopping experience easy and affordable. I love using products that are not only good for me but taste delicious too! Now that’s Just Right!
Let me share with you my family’s favorite Sweet Potato Casserole recipe so you can make it this holiday for your friends and family. Not only will you create a delicious side dish to accompany your dinner but you will also be able to pass this recipe on to everyone to enjoy.
Wishing you a home filled with sweetness, love and great food,
Sweet Potato Casserole
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 3 cans Wild Harvest Canned Cut Yams (yes, yams are sweet potatoes). Or if you prefer, you can use 6 fresh sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed.
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Salted Butter, softened
- 1 ½ teaspoons Wild Harvest Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Whole Milk
- 2 Wild Harvest Organic Grade A Large Brown Eggs
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Pecan Pieces
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Salted Butter, softened
- Preheat oven 350 degrees.
- Using either the canned yams or fresh cooked sweet potatoes, place in large bowl and mash. Stir in sugar, butter, vanilla, milk and eggs, mix well. Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
- For the topping: Mix brown sugar, flour, nuts and butter together in a small bowl and spread evenly over potato mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Serve warm. Makes 12 - 15 servings.