Living the American Dream
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Stars and Stripes forever! I was born and raised to respect my country and I am honored to say that I’ve taught my son the same. I am proud to be living the American Dream. The freedom and liberty of owning my own business and pursuing my very own dream is not something I take for granted.
As far back as I can remember, my family has attended a summer holiday parade and I loved to wave my American flag. My mom would always treat us to an ice cream or popsicle after the parade. So, following in that tradition, I have created my version of the Health Pop - a blend of fruits and yogurts. SHOP ‘n SAVE is my go-to for healthy, affordable and delicious choices with the Wild Harvest and Essential Everyday brands.
Here is my fun summer treat for you to make for your family. The Red White & Blueberry Pop is a great way to cool down on a hot summer day. ENJOY!!
Till next time Chef Lisa Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
Red White & Blueberry Pop
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1/2 cup frozen Wild Harvest Organic Strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen Wild Harvest Organic Blueberries
- 3 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Honey
- 3 cups Essential Everyday Blended Vanilla Lowfat Yogurt **Popsicle mold and sticks
- Blend the strawberries and blueberries (separately) in a food processor or blender on high speed for 30 seconds.
- Pour the berry mixtures into separate bowls. Add half of the honey to each fruit mixture and stir. Lightly add in half of the yogurt into each berry/honey mixture.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold, insert stick and freeze overnight.
Blog and recipe created by Chef Lisa Hegedus from the kitchen of Caffe Barista - www.cbcloud9.com.