Momma Knows Best
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
As a kid, my mother would always say “eat all your veggies, they are full of vitamins and minerals to make you grow big and strong!” Well, I can officially say, my mother was right. I say the same thing to my son and for good reason; it’s true! I have always loved veggies of all kinds - fresh, canned and frozen. Being a self-taught chef, I have learned to develop a knack for creating tasty recipes using a combination of flavorful ingredients paired with veggies.
Having a SHOP ‘n SAVE with the amazing Wild Harvest free from and organic product line available to us is priceless. Knowing that I can prepare a delicious healthy meal for my family and customers is what makes SHOP ‘n SAVE the Just Right! choice for all of my tasty recipes.
Since so many of my customers are looking for healthy alternatives to “fast food,” I have created many options including my all-time favorite…. Minestrone Wild Rice Soup. This is a delicious family favorite that you can toss into the slow cooker and will be ready when you arrive home from work.
Follow my recipe below and remember to listen to your mom when she says to “eat your veggies.”
Till next time,
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
Minestrone Wild Rice Soup
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can Wild Harvest Canned Sliced Carrots
- 1 can Wild Harvest Canned Cut Green Beans
- 1 can Wild Harvest Canned Chopped Kale
- 1 can Wild Harvest Light Kidney Beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups Wild Harvest Organic Vegetable Stock
- 1 can Wild Harvest Canned Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Minnesota Cultivated Wild Rice
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Essential Everyday Kosher Salt
- 1 teaspoon Wild Harvest Organic Italian Seasoning
Combine all ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.