Sugar Plum Fairy
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Dreaming of cookies in every shape and size brings so much joy every Holiday season. Making treats that are both healthy and delicious is very important to me. Using SHOP ‘n SAVE’s free from organic Wild Harvest products to bake holiday goodness is Just Right! Take it from me, buying products that are free from over 100 undesirable ingredients at affordable prices makes creating cookies taste even better!
As I sit down to take a break after a full day of baking cookies, I always gravitate to my all‐time favorite Cranberry Almond Biscotti. Dipping these delicious treats into a steaming cup of coffee, or hot cocoa is the perfect way to relax and unwind. It’s also the perfect way to reward myself without feeling guilty!
I’d like to share with you my recipe for Cranberry Almond Biscotti for you to add to your holiday baking traditions. You could even leave a few out for Santa to enjoy!
Happy Holidays to you my friends,
Cranberry Almond Biscotti
By: Chef Lisa's Kitchen
- ½ cup Wild Harvest Organic Salted Butter, softened
- ½ cup Wild Harvest Organic Honey
- 2 Wild Harvest Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs
- Zest of one orange
- ½ teaspoon Wild Harvest Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Essential Everyday Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Wild Harvest Organic All Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup Essential Everyday Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1 cup Wild Harvest Organic Dried Cranberries
- ½ cup Wild Harvest Organic Slivered Almonds
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix the butter, honey, orange zest, vanilla and salt add the eggs. Add the flour and baking powder. In separate bowl place the mixture then add chocolate chips, cranberries and almonds stirring until just combined.
- On a prepared baking sheet coated with pan spray, transfer the dough and shape into a long, skinny, flat loaf (about 12 x 4 inches). Bake for 35 minutes. After it’s cooled, cut the loaf into thin slices with a serrated knife. Place the slices face down on baking sheet and bake for another 15 minutes.
Yields 12‐15 biscotti