You Are My Sunshine…
Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
Nothing says summer quite like a backyard BBQ! Gathering around the grill with friends and family while creating tasty burgers for Memorial Day parties is my absolute favorite. Memorial Day marks the start of the summer season and brings with it the fresh smell of flowers blooming, grass growing, kids playing outside and leaving the windows open. And let’s not forget the flavors of summer - fresh harvest fruits, vegetables and herbs from the garden!
My busy schedule doesn’t always permit that everything I grow be organic, so I’m happy to have the fabulous selection of organic and free from products available at my local SHOP ‘n SAVE. Fresh, natural ingredients are essential to making delicious wholesome meals that I am proud to say are healthy and affordable. I have been able to incorporate many of the Wild Harvest and the Essential Everyday products to create easy to make recipes for my family and customers. I am happy to share with you my favorite pre-summer “Hot off the Grill” slider recipe. Sizzle Sizzle!
Till next time,
Chef Lisa Hegedus
Owner and Operator of Caffe Barista located in Greensburg, PA
With Sweet & Sassy Relish
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Bread Crumbs
- 1 Wild Harvest Cage Free Organic Egg
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp. Wild Harvest Organic Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Wild Harvest Organic Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Ketchup
- 1/2 cup chopped Wild Harvest Organic Bread and Butter Pickles
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Essential Everyday Jalapeno Peppers
- 3 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Pure Cane Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Wild Harvest Organic Dijon Mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Slider buns
- Grilled onions
- American Cheese
- In large bowl mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, cheese and seasoning together, roll into 2” patties (approximately 12).
- Cook patties on a greased baking pan at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, assemble relish - Combine all ingredients together until well incorporated.
- To assemble the sliders - place between buns, patty, cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion & relish. Finish with a long skewer & grape tomato.
Blog and recipe created by Chef Lisa Hegedus from the kitchen of Caffe Barista - www.cbcloud9.com