Easy Thanksgiving Recipes and Tips
Save time and money with these Thanksgiving recipes
Microwave Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 package fresh cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Wild Harvest brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest raisins
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 pear, peeled and chopped
- 4 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
Mix, berries, sugar, raisins, spices and water in a microwave-proof bowl until berries burst, about 10 minutes on high.
Then add the pear, onion and celery and cook at 50% power for 30 minutes.
Watch carefully while cooking – microwaves have different power levels.
Slow Cooker Green Bean Casserole:
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 1 (10-3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Essential Everyday cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Essential Everyday Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 1 cup Essential Everyday stuffing mix, divided
Lightly grease the canister of a slow cooker. Add green beans, cream of mushroom soup, cheddar cheese, milk, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, one-half cup stuffing mix and salt and pepper. Mix with a wooden spoon.
Set the heat to low and cook for about two hours, or until mixture is slightly thickened. Add additional one-half cup stuffing mix and cook an additional 10 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
No-Bake Nutella Ice Box Cake:
- 3 cups Essential Everyday whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Essential Everyday sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 box (14 ounces) Essential Everyday graham crackers
- 1 small jar (14 ounces) Nutella
Whip cream, vanilla, salt and sugar until soft peaks. Slowly add in cream cheese until well blended.
Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap.
Spread Nutella on graham crackers in a thin layer. Place a layer of crackers, Nutella side down, in loaf pan, cutting crackers to fit in a single layer. Spread 2/3 cup of whipped cream mixture on top of crackers.
Repeat until all crackers and cream are used up.
Place plastic wrap on top and then place in freezer for 2 hours. Remove and place in refrigerator for 1 hour. (This is a very forgiving recipe, and you just want to make sure the cake has enough chill time to soften the graham crackers. You can skip the freezer step and just keep in the fridge for 8 hours up to about 24 hours.)
Remove wrap, invert onto serving plate and slice as you would a cake. Serve immediately.
- Add a pinch of baking powder while mashing your mashed potatoes for the fluffiest side dish ever.
- Freeze your butter and then easily grate it! Add it to flour, baking mixes or top off a baked potato.
- Peel a whole head of garlic in 20 seconds! Place the cloves underneath a bowl. Smash