Chef Lisa’s Kitchen
My Thanksgiving starts at 3 a.m. with ovens filled with seasoned, plump turkeys. You can smell the aroma for miles! At Caffe Barista, my restaurant in downtown Greensburg, Pennsylvania, it has been a tradition of ours to open bright and early on Thanksgiving morning for the Turkey Trot - an annual race around the city to benefit a great cause.
I believe that traditions are an important part of the Holiday season, but sometimes - it’s nice to shake it up a bit. I have created an amazing “Non-traditional” stuffing to go along with your family feast! Wild Harvest free from and organic products offer a fabulous array to prepare delicious, wholesome meals - especially my recipe for Maple Walnut Rice Stuffing.
As a busy chef, restaurant owner and blogger for SHOP ‘n SAVE, I lean on the fact that Wild Harvest and Essential Everyday products are always there to save the day. My unique food pairings are created using the best of products available - now that’s Just Right!
Wake up and smell the turkey, everyone!
Maple Walnut Rice Stuffing
By: Chef Lisa Hegedus
- 1 package Wild Harvest Organic Long Grain Brown Rice
- 8 Strips of Maple Sliced bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1/2 cup Wild Harvest Organic Dried Cranberries
- 3/4 cup Essential Everyday Chopped Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Wild Harvest Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Wild Harvest Organic Dijon Mustard
- 3 tablespoons Wild Harvest Organic 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Prepare rice according to package directions, cool completely.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oil, mustard, syrup salt & pepper, set aside.
- In large bowl, add cooled rice, crumbled bacon, cranberries, and walnuts. Add the oil & vinegar mixture.
Use as a Gluten Free substitute to traditional stuffing as a side dish or to stuff your turkey. Serves 12-15 people